CONNECTICUT OPEN HOUSE DAY, JUNE 9, 2007 Thursday, June 7, 2007Posted by lynne in updates.
The Connecticut State Library and Museum of Connecticut History invite state residents to visit the State Library and Museum as part of Connecticut Open House Day – Connecticut’s celebration of the state’s fascinating world of art, history, film and tourism. This exciting statewide event, on Saturday, June 9, 2007, is designed to broaden awareness of Connecticut’s exceptional cultural and tourism assets among residents, and to encourage them to share their newfound discoveries with visiting family and friends.
The Connecticut State Library and Museum of Connecticut History will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Come enjoy a variety of special incentives and programs on Connecticut Open House Day, including:
* First 100 guests will receive a complimentary Frisbee (a Connecticut invention!)
* Tour of the History and Genealogy unit at 10:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Learn how to find information on your family, your town, your home, your church, and more.
* A “Scavenger Hunt of Connecticut History” in the Museum of Connecticut History at 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
* Tour the over one hundred year old, magnificently restored, beaux-arts style State Library building.
* Free Admission & Free Parking
The Connecticut State Library and Museum of Connecticut History are part of the many cultural and tourism organizations throughout Connecticut who have joined together to pay tribute to the state’s colorful heritage and diverse properties. Connecticut Open House Day is sponsored by the Connecticut Commission on Culture & Tourism. For more information about Connecticut Open House Day, log on to http://www.CTvisit.com or call 1-888-CTvisit.
For more information, visit our website http://www.cslib.org/openhouse.htm or call (860) 757-6510.
Kendall F. Wiggin